Nov 6, 2006

he•gem•ony / héjemonee / n. (also see wikipedia)

1. leadership or dominance, esp. by one nation over another.




The manager burst into the shipping room. He bent over hands on his knees breathing heavily.

"Do we have any more of the Innova Dinnerware?"

I looked at Charles. He looked down. As soon as Target ran that commercial of Paris Hilton scarfing down the Innova ceramic plates, people were lined up at the registers.
It was the most absurd thing I'd ever witnessed. These dishes were hideous. It was a wonder that anyone could eat off them to begin with, let alone actually eat them.

"We just need one more sale." He said.

And apparently we were poised to topple last years overall sales quota.

"We're out." I replied slowly.

A droplet of sweat fell from the managers head and hit the cement floor.

"Sorry." I said and winced as the last plate which I had stuffed down my pants shifted uncomfortably.

No comments: